Welcome to New Directions Learning Community
New Directions Learning Community Charter School is a new public charter school in Kaukauna, Wisconsin that serves students in grades 4K to 4th Grade.
NDLC provides a unique learning opportunity for elementary school students and their families in Kaukauna and surrounding communities. In our supportive community, students will receive individualized instruction to help them grow as readers, writers, and problem solvers. They will become citizens for our global world.
Learn more about what makes NDLC so unique by viewing our video.
Recent Events at New Directions
For the most up-to-date events please visit our Facebook page
- At New Directions we are well known for using sticky notes to record our thinking in multiple ways through out the day. This month at our growth mindset, school-wide assembly, students learned about the power of YET.....and about two scientists: one who invented a glue but had nothing to use it for and one who wanted a bookmark that wouldn't fall out of his book........Stop by to see our tree of mistakes and "not yets" (written on sticky notes). We are growing and learning all the time!
- In September we had nearly 300 people attend our Family Night, "Hot Dogs and How to Help". The night consisted of a variety of break-out sessions informing parents on how to help with homework, showing parents what we do in the classroom and sharing more about what we do at NDLC!
- 4th Grade on Twitter! Our 4th Grade classes have Chromebooks in their classroom and use technology often.
- Staff Developer: Our staff developer Brianna Friedman Parlitsis was here for three days this week from the Teacher's College at Columbia University. Students and staff benefitted from the opportunity to collaborate with her. She went in every grade level and worked with students and teachers. Pretty amazing stuff!
- A special visitor, Farmer Joe, and his 1,357 lb. pumpkin came today at lunch recess. Interesting facts: 77 days to grow the pumpkin, seeds to grow it are approximately 2 inches in size, this is Farmer Joe's first time growing a pumpkin of this size, the pumpkin took 5th place in a recent contest in Cedarburg, the pumpkin is 20th in Wisconsin in those pumpkins that have currently been weighed so far.
Latest NewsCALENDAR OF EVENTS
|November 25-27||Thanksgiving Break|
Kaukauna Christmas Parade 6 pm
PSC Meeting @ 6:00 in Library
PJs and Publishing Family Night @ 5:30 pm
Early Dismissal 11:30/NO SCHOOL for 4K
|December 16||Goveranance Council meeting 5:45|
|December 23||Wear Holiday Colors, Sing Along|
|December 23||2nd Grade to Barlow Planetarium 8:30-10:30 am|
|Dec 24 - Jan 3||Winter Break-No School|
|January 4||Classes Resume|
|January 15||Early Dismissal 11:30, NO SCHOOL for 4K|
|January 19||Family Night: Spaghetti and Art @ 5:30 pm|
|January 20||No School|